Coconut Curry Rice
Yields: 6-8 servings Prep: 50 min
- 1 1/4 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup long-grain rice or jasmine rice
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup light coconut milk*
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add onion, and sauté until tender.
- Add curry powder and rice; cook 2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove bay leaf.
*In lieu of light coconut milk, you may also use equal amounts of regular coconut milk and water.