In light of the Supreme Court’s decision to uphold the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, our commitment to a healthier Mississippi has not wavered, and is in fact stronger than ever. This commitment includes a continuation of the health and wellness benefits our Company had in place prior to the passage of the law, as well as our leadership position with regard to access to affordable healthcare coverage and coverage for Mississippi’s children:
- Our Healthy You! health and wellness benefit provides age and gender specific preventive services, at no out of pocket cost, and helps Mississippians know their health status and manage their health.
- Removal of the pre-existing exclusion provides our members with security, peace of mind and access to affordable healthcare benefits regardless of their health status.
- Expansion of dependent coverage for individuals up to age 26, offers coverage for an important segment of our Mississippi market as their needs change over time.
- Access to the state’s largest network of health and wellness providers supports our members in their important health and wellness relationship with their Blue Cross and Blue Shield Network Provider.
- We are the only carrier in Mississippi that offers a guaranteed issue product for children up to age 19.
At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi, the insurance reform requirements of the law were addressed with little change to our business model because of one simple reason: We were well positioned because most of the benefits required by the healthcare law had already been put in place by our Company. We will continue our work to implement the remaining provisions, and partner with our health and wellness Network Providers to improve health, manage costs and enhance quality of care.
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi has a singular goal: to help the people of Mississippi be healthy and stay healthy. We remain committed to developing and implementing innovative products, backed by our service excellence, to meet this goal. We take this approach because it is the right one for the people we serve, and we know that a healthier Mississippi is good for everyone.
Now more than ever, it’s good to be Blue.